; Plisherrific: Pearlescent Moon - Holographic powder

Apr 5, 2018

Pearlescent Moon - Holographic powder

So, this is my first time trying those holographic powders and I don't think I did a really good job, haha.

[Holographic powder]
The powder was a gift from Ev, so I'm not going to be naming where they're from since I've no idea. My camera isn't very good at capturing holo, but it really wasn't that holographic on my nails in person either.

I think it's because I didn't apply enough of the powder and at the same time, I'm not completely sure if the top coat I'm using for it is very effective. So I'm using Emily de Molly's Special Effects Base Coat. It seems okay as a base coat, lots of powder stuck to it. Then I used Born Pretty's Mirror nail polish top coat to seal in the powder, which I'm told should work as well. So no UV top coats here! I like that there's less work since I don't have to deal with UV lamps and waiting, but at the same time, the holo seemed less obvious after the top coat was applied.

While the result is still pretty, it's not as holographic as what I've seen in all the pictures online. I've got to figure out what I'm doing wrong here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment