; Plisherrific: Dreaming of Dawn - Covergirl Midnight Magic, Miniso Japan Purple

Aug 10, 2017

Dreaming of Dawn - Covergirl Midnight Magic, Miniso Japan Purple

It's been awhile! I was very busy and left Ev to fend for herself awhile there. But I'm back now and I come bearing gradient plus decals!

[Dreaming of Dawn]
So I started with Miniso Japan Purple as my base nail polish. I reviewed the nail polish here. Then I hunted down a nail polish which would give me a subtle colour change, and ended up with Covergirl Midnight Magic, which we have reviewed before a couple times. Midnight Magic is a blue foil with gold, green and pink microglitter, and if you apply it in thin enough layers, you can build up its opacity slowly. That means it makes a pretty good nail polish to use for making gradients. I didn't use a sponge, just applied straight to the nail with the brush, but in thin layers.

[Base: Miniso Japan Purple
To the tips: Covergirl Midnight Magic]
After that, I used a decal over the lot of it. I wish I could tell you more about the decals, but they were a gift and there was no brand that I remember. It was a decal of feathers and dream catchers I believe, but most of the art couldn't be clearly seen once applied to my nails.

[Decal on top of the following:
Base
: Miniso Japan Purple
To the tips: Covergirl Midnight Magic]
The end result is a cool-toned mani that looks strangely witchy to me for some reason. Anyway, it was an easy mani for a fun result!

0 comments:

Post a Comment