; Plisherrific: Lace it up - MdU Black, Hit the Bottle Chromeo, Born Pretty BP-L045

Jan 12, 2017

Lace it up - MdU Black, Hit the Bottle Chromeo, Born Pretty BP-L045

I have so many manis I did from 2016 which I haven't yet posted, so have a look at a rather old stamping manicure I did.

[Delicate silver and black]
I used Covergirl's Midnight Magic as the base polish, and I stamped over it with Hit the Bottle's Chromeo, a silver chrome stamping polish. I didn't like how the silver stamp on the index finger's nail turned out, so I stamped on top of that with MdU Black. 

[Born Pretty Stamping Plate BP-L045]
The pattern I chose is the one in the lavender box above. As you can see, Born Pretty's stamping plate BP-L045 is full of lace stamping patterns. I have to admit, I don't think I've mastered the art of stamping lace patterns. The ones with particularly busy patterns don't tend to result in sharp clear lines. But I'll keep on working on lace patterns!

[Base: Covergirl Midnight Magic
Stamping: Hit the Bottle Chromeo, Born Pretty BP-L045] 
On the right hand, I didn't stamp with MdU Black. I tried to stamp with different parts of the pattern on every nail so it would look more like lacy fabric stretched across my nails, rather than the same lace pattern repeated across every nail. 
 
[Base: Covergirl Midnight Magic
Stamping: MdU Black, Hit the Bottle Chromeo, Born Pretty BP-L045] 
I think perhaps I'll try again with black nail polish. It certainly looks more like lace when it's in black. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment