; Plisherrific: Pebble in a Pond - Revlon Zealous, Hit the Bottle A bolt from the Blue, Stamping plate A by Cheeky

Dec 15, 2016

Pebble in a Pond - Revlon Zealous, Hit the Bottle A bolt from the Blue, Stamping plate A by Cheeky

[Ripple Effect!]
For this ripple effect, I have used Revlon's Zealous as the base, which is a light lime green colour with a gold-ish shimmer. The shimmer isn't really visible on the nails versus in the bottle. The pattern was stamped on using Hit the Bottle's A bolt from the Blue, which is starting to become my favourite stamping polish from Hit the Bottle. A bolt from the Blue is this vibrant cobalt blue with a foil-like finish and is beautifully opaque which makes it perfect for stamping.

[Bottle to nail: Hit the Bottle A bolt from the Blue]
The stamping plate I used is stamping plate A by Cheeky. I have only included some of the patterns from the stamping plate below, but I have used this stamping plate before so if you want to see the full image with all the patterns, you can check it out in this other post here. The ripple-like pattern that I used for this mani is in the dark pink square below.

[Stamping plate A by Cheeky]

[Base: Revlon Zealous
Stamping: Hit the Bottle A bolt from the Blue, Stamping plate A by Cheeky]
While the Cheeky stamping plates pack so many patterns together into each plate, it does make each pattern a little bit small for long nails. As you can see, the blue ripples above don't quiiiiiite make it to the end of my nail bed. I think it's interesting that you can see that I scraped off more nail polish for the pattern on my thumb, making the ripples a lot thinner compared to the others. What a difference it makes if you scrape off excess nail polish twice, instead of just once.

Overall, I love this pattern. I think the colour combination works well too. The effect is just such a stand-out and loved how it looked so jazzed up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment