; Plisherrific: Night Light - BK Glow-in-the-dark polish #16

Dec 5, 2016

Night Light - BK Glow-in-the-dark polish #16


I wanted something bright for the warm weather and this shade certainly fit the bill...

[Bottle to nail: BK Glow-in-the-dark polish #16 (3 coats)]
This polish is BK glow-in-the-dark polish in shade #16 which is a bright neon orange. As with most neons, photos do no justice! I think the second photo (below) most accurately depicts it's eye-searing glory! I think these nails were really distracting to everyone at work...

[3 coats: BK Glow-in-the-dark polish #16]
I tried two ways of applying this - on my ring finger, I applied three coats of BK#16 polish; on every other nail I used one coat of Revlon Powder Puff (a iridescent white matte polish) and two coats of BK#16. I reckon they look pretty similar but perhaps the ring finger had a slightly richer more jelly-like appearance - I'd probably stick with three coats of BK#16 alone in future.

[3 coats: BK Glow-in-the-dark polish #16]
Formula-wise, this was pretty good - average dry time. Now the lovely thing about this polish though is that unlike many neons which dry semi-matte, this one has a more jelly texture so remains deliciously glossy. I did seal with top coat for these photos though.

[In the dark: BK Glow-in-the-dark polish #16 (3 coats)]
And finally! Does it glow?! As you can tell from the somewhat creepy photo above, it does! However it does need some intense charging up before you turn the lights out, otherwise, no I didn't really notice it too much just going from ambient to darkness. Still such a fun bright colour to usher in our summer months here down under!

0 comments:

Post a Comment