; Plisherrific: Wild Flowers - Dance Legend Mutation, Born Pretty Green Stamping Polish, Born Pretty BPL-029

Jul 16, 2016

Wild Flowers - Dance Legend Mutation, Born Pretty Green Stamping Polish, Born Pretty BPL-029

Here's a not quite successful attempt at stamping which I still like enough to show you! I'll keep using the excuse that I'm a noob at this... :P

[Base polish for index finger: Maybelline Twilight Rays
Base polish for other fingers: Dance Legend MutationStamping: Born Pretty Green Stamping Polish. Born Pretty BPL-029 plate]
Excluding the index finger, the base polish is Dance Legend's Mutation which I reviewed on Thursday. See, I didn't know Mutation was a colour changing nail polish, so I thought a dark teal base would let the metallic green stamp show up better. That didn't quite work out since the base polish turned a light dusty green against my warm nails. I used a black nail polish on my index finger as a base to see if I could get the metallic green stamping polish to show up better against a darker background.

Ev has reviewed the Born Pretty green stamping polish here, which I think showcases the stamping polish's metallic green a lot better. Over here, you can see that only the pattern on my thumb came through well, while the rest just looks like abstract art. I have no idea why I was struggling with this nail polish, but I didn't seem to have as much issue stamping with other nail polishes.

[Stamping Plate: Born Pretty BPL-029]
The plate I used, BPL-029, was one I reviewed before. You can see the pattern I used on my thumb in the stamping samples I did above. It's the pattern that is second from the right, on the top row.


[Base polish for index finger: Maybelline Twilight Rays
Base polish for other fingers: Dance Legend Mutation
Stamping: Born Pretty Green Stamping Polish. Born Pretty BPL-029 plate]
This photo above was taken on my phone under direct sunlight. It's winter here in Sydney so it's much colder outside, as demonstrated by my colour changing nail polish that has gone almost black at the tips, and gone a medium green against the warmer nail bed. I think it's a cool effect and I'll stamp over a colour changing nail polish again, after more thought given to all the colours involved.

0 comments:

Post a Comment