; Plisherrific: Ice Blooms - Sally Hansen Royal Icing, Australis Settle Petal, Born Pretty BP-65

Jun 23, 2016

Ice Blooms - Sally Hansen Royal Icing, Australis Settle Petal, Born Pretty BP-65

I'm still learning as I fumble along with the art of stamping so here's a less than stellar result from my stamping endeavours.

[Base: Sally Hansen Royal Icing
Stamping: Australis Settle Petal, Born Pretty BP-65 plate]
The base polish I used is Sally Hansen's Royal Icing, which I reviewed here. For reasons unknown, I'm just realizing how blue-greeny Royal Icing looks in my previous review. In these photos, it leans blue which I think is the truer real life shade.

Using a floral pattern from Born Pretty plate BP-65, I stamped over Royal Icing with Australis' Settle Petal, a very, very pale shade of pink-beige. As you can see, it's practically white. The Australis' nail polish range, referred to as 'intense colour with a high shine and streak-free' makes for a surprisingly good stamping polish. It's not as opaque as I would prefer it to be but it has all the other characteristics of a stamping polish.

[Base: Sally Hansen Royal Icing
Stamping: Australis Settle Petal, Born Pretty BP-65 plate]
Alas, as you can see, I still have a long way to go to perfect the art of stamping. So many patches missing or just stamped on unevenly. At least it's visible that there's some sort of floral pattern involved here. :P  I did also amuse myself by using a nail polish called Settle Petal for a floral stamping pattern.

0 comments:

Post a Comment