; Plisherrific: Golden Gears - China Glaze Midtown Magic, Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold, Born Pretty BPL-022

Jun 13, 2016

Golden Gears - China Glaze Midtown Magic, Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold, Born Pretty BPL-022


After last week's lovely dark base, I wanted to pick a bright contrasting shade for stamping over the top.

[Grinding them gears]
I ended up going with metallic gold! Gold is just one of those shades that I love combining with pretty much every shade there is.

[2 coats: China Glaze Midtown Magic]
Quick recap of my base shade - China Glaze Midtown Magic, a vampy purple-burgundy with gold microflakies.

[Plate to nail: Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold, Born Pretty BPL-022;
Base: China Glaze Midtown Magic (2 coats)]
The design I'm using is the pattern of gears from Born Pretty stamping plate BPL-022. I love this plate, it's just full of fun designs. I've previously used the pencil design off this plate as well.

[Bottle to nail: Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold, Born Pretty BPL-022;
Base: China Glaze Midtown Magic (2 coats)]
The stamping shade I used is Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold, a bright yellow gold which I've also used in a previous stamping mani. I think it really pops against the dark base.

[Base: China Glaze Midtown Magic (2 coats);
Stamping: Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold, Born Pretty BPL-022]
Pretty pleased with this one! The only thing I'm a bit iffy about is that with shorter/smaller nails, you wouldn't be able to fit very many gears on each nail. But the good thing is that there's a nice mix of sizes and they're not spaced too far apart, which helps prevent blank spots with no design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment