; Plisherrific: Luck and Prosperity - Rimmel Exotica, Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold, Born Pretty BPL-004

Feb 8, 2016

Luck and Prosperity - Rimmel Exotica, Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold, Born Pretty BPL-004


Hiya everyone! Happy Lunar New Year! It's the first day of the Year of the Monkey today!

[All is Well]
I managed to squeeze this post out just in time! This one's a stamping mani that I just did last night, phew~

[Bottle to nail: Rimmel Exotica (1 coat)]
Of course, this celebration calls for a nice rich red base. This is an oldie I dug up called Exotica from Rimmel's Lasting Finish line.

[1 coat: Rimmel Exotica]
Exotica isn't really that exotic! It's a deep red polish with lots of golden shimmer that lightens up the base shade. The shimmer is fairly fine, so you don't see it on the nails much.

[1 coat: Rimmel Exotica]
I only used one coat here which gives decent enough coverage if you're careful. Since I was going to stamp over it, I wasn't too concerned. Dry time was quick with a nice smooth finish - these photos are just base polish before topcoat.

[Bottle to nail: Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold (stamping);
Base: Rimmel Exotica (1 coat)]
After topcoating the base polish, I then stamped over it in gold with Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold, a gorgeous rich gold stamping polish.

[Base: Rimmel Exotica (1 coat); Stamping: Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold]
I was looking through all my plates for an appropriate pattern and ended up using this lovely geometric one. It's from Born Pretty stamping plate BPL-004 again, just like last week's post. 

[Base: Rimmel Exotica (1 coat); Stamping: Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold]
This is a pretty similar colour scheme to last year's mani but really, what other colours would you use! I'd like to think that I've improved since then, but that may have more to do with the stamping polishes I'm using now...

[Base: Rimmel Exotica (1 coat); Stamping: Hit the Bottle To Have and To Gold]
Hehe, at any rate, I'm committed to this learn-to-stamp business so you'll definitely be seeing lots of stamping manis from me this year!

1 comment:

  1. Well, this is a pretty one indeed. This is so perfect for Valentine's day. No hearts this time!

    ReplyDelete