; Plisherrific: Sunset on Sea - Revlon Grape Shimmer, Revlon Grape Fizz, Revlon Mint Fizz, Sinful Colors Pearl Harbor

Oct 29, 2015

Sunset on Sea - Revlon Grape Shimmer, Revlon Grape Fizz, Revlon Mint Fizz, Sinful Colors Pearl Harbor

I did this mani and broke a nail before I remembered I needed to take a photo. So that's why there are only three fingers in these photos!

[Gradient: Revlon Grape Shimmer, Revlon Grape Fizz and Revlon Mint Fizz
Glitter topcoat: Sinful Colors Pearl Harbor]
It had been awhile since I have done gradient manis, so it was fun to give it a shot again. This took many different nail polishes to achieve, which is what happens when you have so many to pick from.

The base coat was Revlon's Grape Shimmer which is really too jelly to be a good visible base coat. I took many coats and you can still see it's not a solid purple. Then I used a little Revlon's Grape Fizz to start the medium gradient to blue. Revlon's Mint Fizz towards the tips finished off the gradient look. The names of all the nail polishes in this order rather amuses me too.

It still didn't look sparkly enough and so I added Sinful Colors' Pearl Harbor as a top coat, which is a blue and green microglitter. Quite pretty and not very strong, just enough to give the mani a scattering of blue-green glitter. To complete the look, I used matte nail polish over it all.

I liked how this turned out and it was fun to throw together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment