; Plisherrific: No Holo - Layla Ocean Rush

Nov 17, 2014

No Holo - Layla Ocean Rush


Well! The other day I learnt a little lesson about holo polishes....

[Plenty glowy, not so rainbow-y]
Holo polish, you say? That doesn't look particularly holographic to me!

[Bottle to nail: Layla Holographic Effect in Ocean Rush (2 coats)]
Indeeeed, this should be a super flame-y Layla Holographic Effect nail polish in Ocean Rush. Jme swatched this previously in all its rainbowy glory, so check it out here to see what it should look like!

[2 coats: Layla Holographic Effect in Ocean Rush]
So, what have I done to stuff it up? Used the wrong base coat! I randomly picked Nail-Tek Ridge-filling Base Coat (Foundation II) as my base coat. Ooooops~ Looks like it doesn't play well with holographic finishes, or at least with Layla holos.

[2 coats: Layla Holographic Effect in Ocean Rush]
I switch base coats around depending on what I feel like so it's surprising that I haven't hit this winning (losing) combination yet considering how frequently I've been using holographic polishes!


0 comments:

Post a Comment