; Plisherrific: Nature's Punk - Maybelline Boom Box Black, Revlon Sassy

Jul 24, 2014

Nature's Punk - Maybelline Boom Box Black, Revlon Sassy

In terms of world events, this has been a pretty crap week. Give your loved ones a hug and a kiss. Let's appreciate who and what we have.

I'm going to try to put the depressing thoughts behind us now, and let's move on to a subject that won't end in navel-gazing.

[Maybelline Boom Box Black]
I snapped up two of the new Maybelline Color Street Artist collection. This is my favourite.

[Revlon Sassy]
I used Revlon Sassy as the base, a crayony green shade that I rather like. It's duller in real life as opposed to in the photo which was taken under superb fluorescent lights. I say superb because I just changed one of my lightbulbs and the newer, pricier one is really outshining the others.

[Top coat: 1 coat of Maybelline Boom Box Black
Base coat: Revlon Sassy]
Now this is Maybelline Boom Box Black on top of Revlon Sassy.

[Top coat: 1 coat of Maybelline Boom Box Black
Base coat: Revlon Sassy]
Boom Box Black is loaded with matte pale green and black hex glitter of all sizes and tiny pale green bar glitter. The glitter pay off is crazy for these polishes, needing only one coat for great coverage. I didn't notice any bubbles either.

I really like the look of Boom Box Black against a slightly darker green because it just gives the mani depth instead of having strong contrasting colours. I'll be trying Boom Box Black over a different coloured base to see how it looks too. I'm liking what Maybelline is putting out lately. The quality, the price and the creativity are all A+.

0 comments:

Post a Comment