; Plisherrific: Confetti Party - Coco Allure Cleopinktra, Coco Allure Bootiful, Barielle Falling Star

Jul 10, 2014

Confetti Party - Coco Allure Cleopinktra, Coco Allure Bootiful, Barielle Falling Star

Ev and I don't often coordinate what we're posting each week, and once in a long while, we end up posting about the same nail polishes. This week turned out to be one such example, but I've decided to carry on!

[Top: Coco Allure Cleopinktra
Middle: Coco Allure Bootiful
Base: Barielle Falling Star]
This is Coco Allure Cleopinktra over Coco Allure Bootiful over Barielle Falling Star!

[Left: Coco Allure Cleopinktra
Right: Coco Allure Bootiful]
Barielle Falling Star is this gorgeous blue polish with orange/bronze glitter. I love it, and it makes a gorgeous base for these glitter toppers. Here's a swatch of Falling Star.

Ev has described these two polishes already on Monday. I'll be lazy and quote her spot on description from here: Bootiful is a mix of black, orange and purple glitter in two sizes each of hexes and squares. - Cleopinktra is a mix of gold and magenta hex and square glitter in different sizes.

To be honest, I've found Bootiful doesn't make for a great topper. The consistency is fine and there's glitter aplenty. I think the problem is there's too much big black glitter in the polish and the glitter are all too similar in size. It could just be my personal taste.

But I love Cleopinktra. The variety of square and hex glitter is perfect, and the pink/magenta and gold combo is gorgeous. Layering Cleopinktra over Bootiful is magnificent, in my opinion. The combination just really works together! That both Ev and I did it without consulting each other shows that we individually thought it was a winning combo. :)

[Top: Coco Allure Cleopinktra
Middle: Coco Allure Bootiful
Base: Barielle Falling Star]
The last photo was taken in natural light, with my nails falling in the shadow a little. The glitter look almost like they're glowing here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment