; Plisherrific: Storm Specks - Essie Fair Game, LA Girl Uninhibited

Feb 18, 2013

Storm Specks - Essie Fair Game, LA Girl Uninhibited


Here's a fairly old mani I decided to post and get out of the way... I actually have a fair few of those lying around, oh dear...

[Cloudy with a chance of soot?]
Another of my experiments with glitter! I don't think the end result was flashy enough for me, but it was an interesting mani to wear.

[Bottle to nail: Essie Fair Game (2 coats)]
I started with a base of Essie Fair Game from the Resort 2011 collection. It's a steel blue shimmer with a slight frostiness that gives it a pearly finish.

[2 coats: Essie Fair Game]
Excellent coverage and not too brushstrokey if you're careful with it. An interesting moody colour, sort of like storm clouds.

[Base: Essie Fair Game (2 coats); Glitter: LA Girl Uninhibited (1 coat)]
I had LA Girl Glitter Addict in Uninhibited lying around on my desk so I swiped on a layer over the top. Uninhibited is a mix of small and large black hexes in a clear base.

[Base: Essie Fair Game (2 coats); Glitter: LA Girl Uninhibited (1 coat)]
It did appear to sink into the base colour, but a nice glossy topcoat fixed that right up! I think black glitters can be pretty interesting, although they aren't as sparkly and reflective as other colours. =)


1 comment:

  1. That black glitter gives a really cool effect on the metallic polish. I like it!

    ReplyDelete