; Plisherrific: Shopping in Sydney - New Essence Colour & Go in Boho Chic, Gorgeous Bling Bling, Gold Fever

Oct 27, 2012

Shopping in Sydney - New Essence Colour & Go in Boho Chic, Gorgeous Bling Bling, Gold Fever


Looky what I picked up just today! Essence has revamped their polish line, getting rid of A LOT of their old range (unfortunately)... but there's also a whole bunch of new colours available! I randomly dropped by a Priceline today and saw the new bottles on display so I picked up some of the more interesting (read: shiny) shades~ =)

[New bottles: Essence Colour n Go in Boho Chic, Gold Fever, Gorgeous Bling Bling (L-R)]
The old bottles were pretty cute, but the new ones are a really nice shape. They're a bit larger (sorry should have taken a comparison photo), but still hold 8mls of polish. They also have increased in price to AUD2.75 a bottle though....

[Clockwise from left: Essence Colour n Go in Gold Fever, Gorgeous Bling Bling, Boho Chic]
The essence "e" is stamped on the top, which I thought was pretty cute. I also liked that you could tell from the bottle caps whether the finish was sparkly or creme (although that was already a feature in the old range).

[New brush: Essence Colour n Go in Gorgeous Bling Bling]
They have changed the brush! It's now wider, and feels like it holds more polish. I'm a bit concerned that they seem short though? Because the bottle neck is fairly long... it feels like when you get down to halfway, you won't be able to pick much up unless you tilt the bottle or screw the lid back all the way in. =(

[In the bottle: Essence Colour n Go in Gold Fever]
I picked up Gold Fever - fine gold glitter with very slightly larger red glitter scattered throughout in a clear base. Nothing tooo spectacular (also I already own the much blingier China Glaze Electrifying...)...

[In the bottle: Essence Colour n Go in Gorgeous Bling Bling]
This is Gorgeous Bling Bling... =p It's a dusty rose jelly/creme with gold flakes. Sorry, this image isn't too accurate colour-wise, but the first two bottle pics are much closer. Reminds me a bit of NYX Advanced Salon Formula in Forever Young (swatched here) but more of a terracotta shade.

[In the bottle: Essence Colour n Go in Boho Chic]
Boho Chic is a salmon pink with the same gold flakes in it as Gorgeous Bling Bling. =)

I can't wait to try them out... but my untrieds pile is really getting horrendous so I'm not sure how long it'll be.... Has anyone else seen these in store or picked some up? =D




1 comment:

  1. I hope it's the same formula. Not keen on the wider brush as my fingers are small

    ReplyDelete