; Plisherrific: Angel Rain - 2true Shade 1, Orly Angel Eyes

Sep 24, 2012

Angel Rain - 2true Shade 1, Orly Angel Eyes


Look at that glowy awesomeness! Today I have another mani that's still on my fingers right now.

[Must...try...all...the...polish!!!]
I couldn't resist trying out the polishes that Jme gave me for my birthday last week so here's a mani using one of them - Orly Angel Eyes from the Naughty or Nice 2012 collection!

[2 coats: 2true Crystal Nail Polish Shade 1]
I started with a base of 2true Crystal nail polish in Shade 1. Yes... I couldn't find the proper name for it but apparently they do exist?

[Bottle to nail: 2true Crystal Nail Polish Shade 1]
I randomly picked three of these Crystal nail polishes up in Superdrug while I was in UK not expecting much but wow, was it a pleasant surprise (and cheap too)!

[2 coats: 2true Crystal Nail Polish Shade 1]
Shade 1 is a gorgeous glowy blue glass fleck which looks a little duochrome in the bottle, not so much on the nail. Perfect application in 2 coats. The base is just that little bit darker, making the shimmer extra twinkly. =) You can guess by my ring finger up there what I proceeded to do...

[Bottle to nail: Orly Angel Eyes (2 coats); Base: 2true Shade 1]
Add Orly Angel Eyes over the top, wow! It was a bit difficult to photograph but you can tell better from the bottle pic what it looks like - a clear base with lots of fine blue glitter and larger scattered silvery opalescent bits. It applied very evenly and did not need fishing around to pick up the larger pieces nor dabbing to place them!

[Base: 2true Shade 1 (2 coats); Glitter: Orly Angel Eyes (2 coats)]
I say opalescent but I suspect they might be two colours of duochrome glitter, orange to green and gold to green. I also catch flashes of a blurple shade on the nail but I'm not sure which polish is responsible for that!

[Base: 2true Shade 1 (2 coats); Glitter: Orly Angel Eyes (2 coats)]
My pictures do this mani no justice! It's just so gorgeously glowy! The blue glitter in Angel Eyes brightens up the base colour without being full-on bling, while the larger glitter bits add a bit of flash! =) Really liking this polish... good choice, Jme! =p

1 comment:

  1. Angel Eyes goes straight to my wish list after watching your pics! :)

    ReplyDelete