; Plisherrific: Suede Sweater - OPI Russian Navy Suede, Nails Inc Chelsea Embankment, LA Colors 24K Glitter

Aug 20, 2012

Suede Sweater - OPI Russian Navy Suede, Nails Inc Chelsea Embankment, LA Colors 24K Glitter


Here's some simple nail art for Monday. It's unfortunately not a very long-lasting one on account of the OPI suede polish, but the glitter and suede combo makes for an interesting contrast!

[Base: OPI Russian Navy Suede; Accent: LA Colors 24K Glitter; Tips: Nails Inc Chelsea Embankment]
I started with a base of OPI Russian Navy in their Suede finish. I think this was two coats but you can get away with one careful coat depending on your nail length. I love using mattes when I'm in a hurry because they dry superfast! Too bad about the (lack of) longevity though...

[Base: OPI Russian Navy Suede; Accent: LA Colors 24K Glitter; Tips: Nails Inc Chelsea Embankment]
On the ring finger, I did a crosshatch pattern freehand with LA Colors 24K glitter which is part of their nail art Art Deco range. This is a fine yellow-gold glitter in a clear base.

The last step was freehanding some french tips with Nails Inc Chelsea Embankment. For all intents and purposes, Chelsea Embankment is just any other pale gold glitter in a clear base but for some reason, I really like it! It has a very pure gold shine to it and seems very refined while glittery, possibly due to the fine glitter size.
[Base: OPI Russian Navy Suede; Accent: LA Colors 24K Glitter; Tips: Nails Inc Chelsea Embankment]
I did end up topcoating the accent finger to see what it would look like. The shimmer in the OPI Suedes really comes to life when you add topcoat but as I mentioned earlier, I quite like how it looks with the matte suede and glitter combination without topcoat!


0 comments:

Post a Comment