; Plisherrific: Funfair + Patriotism? - Amy's Nail Boutique Cotton Candy and Patrio

Jun 24, 2012

Funfair + Patriotism? - Amy's Nail Boutique Cotton Candy and Patrio

Matte glitter, oh my! I have a new obsession and I have been satisfying it at Amy's Nail Boutique, which means swatches!


I like the labels on the bottles. They vary, and some of them come with little patterns - little bees! a flag! - which just add to their adorableness. I have used some of these before taking the photo so don't worry, the bottles come full. :)


[Five thin coats of Amy's Nail Boutique Cotton Candy]
Amy's Nail Boutique Cotton Candy is a blue and pink matte microglitter. The blue actually has a little gleam to it, which makes it more striking. Cotton Candy is a sweet combo. The blue does overpower the pink a little from a distance, I think because the blue is a touch brighter. 


[Five thin coats of Amy's Nail Boutique Cotton Candy]
It doesn't dry very gritty, but I don't think the polish has a high enough glitter to base polish ratio. What you see are five thin coats, and it was still difficult to cover the tips entirely. I tried painting with thicker coats, but it just made it very gloopy at three coats, and I didn't have full coverage yet at that point. Next time, I'll try this with coloured undies, because I still do like how the glitter looks!


[Four thin coats of Amy's Nail Boutique Patriot]
Aaaaaahhhh, Amy's Nail Boutique Patriot was an unexpected favourite! Why did I get a mini bottle of this instead of a full bottle? It's so gorgeoussssss. The white and red are microglitter while the blue consists of slightly larger hex glitter. The contrast is gorgeous and I just kept thinking Captain America when I looked at my nails (because I'm a dork, fine, fine). 


[Four thin coats of Amy's Nail Boutique Patriot]
I didn't get full coverage of Patriot on my tips, but mind you, this was using a mini bottle's brush. 


[Four thin coats of Amy's Nail Boutique Patriot]
Just as gorgeous under natural lighting. It looks a little like paint splatters and someone actually stopped me to ask how long it took to paint on all the different colours, ahaha. I think because it's matte rather than shiny, glitter doesn't come to mind immediately. 

Overall, I love this matte glitter nail polishes! Watch this space for more swatches of the other colours from Amy's Nail Boutique!

1 comment:

  1. Those polishes are just CRAZY! I love them :D

    You've been tagged! I thought it was a lot of fun so I hope you'll participate :D
    See it here: http://madecbyme.blogspot.com/2012/06/dreaded-11-question-meme.html

    ReplyDelete