; Plisherrific: The Stripy Avengers - Nubar, Orly, China Glaze, Sally Hansen, Essence, Savvy

Apr 29, 2012

The Stripy Avengers - Nubar, Orly, China Glaze, Sally Hansen, Essence, Savvy

Am I still going on about Avengers? Yes, yes, I am. :P  I watched the movie on Thursday night, and it was spectacular and so much fun! I think Whedon really did justice with a superhero team movie.

Anyway, you might have seen my Avengers nail art on Thursday. While I can't draw on my right hand with my left, I did have an Avengers theme going on:

[Left to Right: Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Loki and Hulk]
Yet again, I'm cracking myself up writing the captions. These are just colour representations of the characters of course.

By my warped logic, Thor gets blue, gold and red because he is blonde, blue eyed, and has a red cape. The others are based on their uniform, except for Hulk. He gets pale green and black, and only two stripes to represent his dual sides. I chose black because his hair is black when he's the Hulk. >_>  My geek really is reaching impressive levels of embarrassing here.


[Left to Right: Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Loki and Hulk]

Here are the nail polishes I used:

Blue = Nubar Night Sparkle
Red = Nubar Fire Sparkle
Silver = Sally Hansen Celeb City
Gold = Orly Luxe
Dark green = China Glaze Emerald Sparkle
Black = Savvy Coal
Light green (Thumb) = China Glaze L8R G8R
Black-gold (Thumb) = Essence Gold Old Buffy



[Left to Right: Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Loki and Hulk]
I haven't photographed my right hand much lately, because I broke my pinky nail and thumb nail. :(  Still doesn't look that great here, but I had to share the colourfulness.

I don't believe I have swatched Essence Gold Old Buffy before, but you can see a little of it on my thumb. It's a dusky black with gold-green glass flecks. The black isn't very dark because of the abundance of the glass flecks. It's a rather smooth application.

[Left to Right: Thor, Captain America, Iron Man, Loki and Hulk]
The mani was a lot shinier than my photographs can capture, but the above iPhone pics makes a better attempt at catching the shiny glitters. Nubar Fire Sparkle and Night Sparkle really are so very shiny, except they're annoyingly difficult to remove. Over here, you can also see the holographic shine to China Glaze's L8R G8R.

What are your favourite mix of colours when it comes to superhero/supervillain costumes? I admit that I'm partial to blue, red and white/silver. But after trying on this mani, I think I like Thor's colours the best on the nails. Blue, gold and red! So snazzy!

8 comments:

  1. I really like the minimalism of this. I did an avengers nail art as well. Please check it out!

    I'm a new follower, please follow back if you enjoy my posts :D
    http://nailartcouture.blogspot.ca/2012/04/readers-request-avenger-nail-art.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O I'm totally impressed by your dedication in drawing out the Avengers nail art! And I've followed you back. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I didn't realise I had a fondness for the same until this mani!

      Delete
  3. Looks great! Avengers is AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it really, really is awesome! I have to rewatch the movie, because there are some bits that I want to see again on the big screen!

      Delete
  4. you're ready to see the movie now!

    ReplyDelete