; Plisherrific: Duping Scandalous - Jordana Magenta Magic vs Revlon Scandalous/Facets of Fuchsia

Apr 23, 2012

Duping Scandalous - Jordana Magenta Magic vs Revlon Scandalous/Facets of Fuchsia


Sorry it's taken me this long to get around to this! I did a little teaser pic of this franken on Twitter a few weeks ago and have only now swatched it properly.

[Bottle to Nail: Magenta Magic franken dupe]
Here it is, bottle to nail! I wasn't going to pay $14 for Revlon Scandalous/Facets of Fuchsia in-store so when I saw Jordana's new collection of glitters (which are completely awesome, I must say!), I noticed this beauty here...

[In the bottle: Jordana Glitters in Magenta Magic]
Jordana Magenta Magic, dense tiny and large hexagonal magenta glitter swimming in a clear base! Only $3 at Cherry Culture for 15ml! I'm not sure why the product page lists it as 6ml, but it's most definitely a large bottle.

[Close-up: Magenta Magic franken dupe of Revlon Scandalous]
The glitter is fairly dense so you don't need much of it at all to dupe Scandalous/Facets of Fuchsia (and Deborah Lippmann Bad Romance!).

Recipe: Fill 1/3 bottle with Magenta Magic, then top up with clear and a couple drops of black, enough to tint the base to a black jelly. That's it!

[Magenta Magic franken dupe: 2 coats except middle finger (black base)]
These are all two layers of my franken without base, except for my stumpy middle finger where I layered it over black to check out the difference. You do lose a bit of the jelly look when you layer it over black so it might not be to your taste!

I've been in a photo-taking rut unfortunately so my apologies for the crappy picture quality. I'm out during the day so the only time I do my nails and take photos are at night by my desk lamp light. =( Oh well, I hope you guys find this useful anyway!

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Well done! I would of never thought to franken FOF (although i already have a bottle) You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I was being really cheap since Priceline is trying to make us pay so much for it! Though I caved and got Popular during the BOGOF... =p

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Cherry Culture hey... *wanders off*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, online shopping, how do I loveee thee, let me count the ways... ;D

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a super easy franken to make as well!

      Delete
  4. Also! If you two are on Facebook, there's a group for Australian nail polish lovers here you might like to join: http://www.facebook.com/groups/335049349862754/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. No problem! It was fun trying to recreate an existing polish!

      Delete