; Plisherrific: Christmas in April? - Lynnderella Happy HoloDaze, OPI DS Mystery

Apr 5, 2012

Christmas in April? - Lynnderella Happy HoloDaze, OPI DS Mystery

Ev passed me one of her Lynnderellas to swatch and photograph, because she only has so many fingers. It's a huge favour of course, because it's so difficult having to play with new nail polish! Totally! :P

[Base: OPI DS Mystery
Top: Lynnderella Happy HoloDaze]
So I had Happy HoloDaze in hand, which is a thoroughly festive nail polish. I might have had it on during the wrong time of the year, but it really would be perfect for Christmas.


[Base: OPI DS Mystery
Top: Lynnderella Happy HoloDaze]
I thought I would try a little variety just for kicks. Happy Holodaze is a clear base polish, filled to the brim with green hex and bar glitter, red hex, square and bar glitter, and holo hex, square and bar glitter. All the glitter vary in size, even within the same colour. There are some very tiny holo glitter, which is more obvious on the 'gradient' mani on my middle finger, but which I didn't really manage to photograph.


[Base: OPI DS Mystery
Top: Lynnderella Happy HoloDaze]
I realised the earlier photo doesn't have the pinky finger in focus, that's why I'm including this photo too. So if you just layer Happy HoloDaze over a dark colour, like the one shown on my pinky, then that's easy enough and I think it looks rather pretty and bright like that. To try to do a full coverage with this polish (as shown in different patterns above) is a little more difficult. The glitter is larger than most, and so there can be gaps that you need to fill in with some more brushwork or by shuffling some glitter around using a dotting tool.

The other thing is that it takes some time to get some of the larger glitter to lie flat, especially the long bar glitter but all these are eventually manageable. It took about three coats of topcoat to cover the denser spots on my manis.


[Base: OPI DS Mystery
Top: Lynnderella Happy HoloDaze]
I like this particular photo, because you can sort of see the holo on the larger glitter.


[Base: OPI DS Mystery
Top: Lynnderella Happy HoloDaze]
I actually like how the sort-of-square mani looks. I like the darker frame around it, and I think if I had square nails, this would look even prettier.

I had actually forgotten about Easter and potential Easter manis til now, but I had this photos to put up anywhere. In any case...Happy Easter everyone!

6 comments:

  1. that actually looks pretty cool! i like the contrast of the glitters in the solid black background.

    Shoetopia Giveaway -- 3 winners. Come and join!

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky girls, with your lovely polishes and having each other to share them with :) I like the different patterns you made, much more interesting than swatches usually are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, yes, it is fun sharing a hobby, but it does mean we enable each other horribly.

      Thank you~

      Delete