; Plisherrific: Think Pink - Maybelline Wet Shine Cuddle Me Mauve, Tropez Super Pearl Pretty Pearl + Tahitian Pearl

Feb 6, 2012

Think Pink - Maybelline Wet Shine Cuddle Me Mauve, Tropez Super Pearl Pretty Pearl + Tahitian Pearl


Sorry! I was a little busy this week so it's an old one, and a short one!

This is a pink-based sponge gradient manicure that I did last year. Check out Jme's helpful post on sponge gradients here~ =)

[Gradient manicure (cuticle to tip): Maybelline Cuddle Me Mauve, Tropez Pretty Pearl, Tropez Tahitian Pearl]
I started with a base of Maybelline Wet Shine in Cuddle Me Mauve. I really love the finish of Wet Shines but unfortunately I only own just the one. This is a dusty pink creme with fine pale gold shimmer through it - gorgeous!
[Cuticle to Tip: Maybelline Cuddle Me Mauve, Tropez Pretty Pearl, Tropez Tahitian Pearl]
I then sponged from about the halfway point to the tip with Tropez Super Pearl in Pretty Pearl, a fairly bright pink shimmer. I didn't really have a good mid colour for this gradient so I sponged Pretty Pearl on quite sparingly so that Cuddle Me Mauve was still peeking through quite a bit.

[Cuticle to Tip: Maybelline Cuddle Me Mauve, Tropez Pretty Pearl, Tropez Tahitian Pearl]
Finally, I topped off the tips with Tropez Super Pearl in Tahitian Pearl - a reddish-copper pink shimmer.I really like how the shimmers in each polish add to the continuity of the gradient, from the pale gold to the copper-orange at the tips.

I'll have to find some time next week to edit all the photos I've been taking of more recent manicures - I've also been experimenting with a lot of different nail art techniques... but that's something for future posts! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment