; Plisherrific: Red Treasures - L'elan Vital Red Crackle, The Face Shop GL111

Feb 2, 2012

Red Treasures - L'elan Vital Red Crackle, The Face Shop GL111

I'm still on vacation and will be for awhile yet, but I intend to continue posting new pictures during this holiday.

As I'm travelling, I actually don't have access to my usual nail polish collection, but I did bring along The Face Shop's GL111, because a shiny gold foil goes with most outfits and occasions, in my humble opinion. :P

I'm visiting my parents, and my mum does have a modest collection of nail polishes. One of them is a recent purchase from Cosway, and it's the L'elan Vital Red Crackle.
[L'elan Vital Red Crackle: Click on the picture for a link to the product.]
The L'elan Vital Red Crackle doesn't actually have a product name, but the product number is 92219. This Korean product is a really easy crackle to use. It dries really fast, and cracks beautifully really fast as well. You won't have time for more than one coat, so make it count. As usual, a thicker coat will produce larger cracks, while a thinner coat will give you finer but more cracks. The red actually dries as a dark pink, but if you go over it with a topcoat, it becomes a deep red that matches the polish in the bottle.

[Base: The Face Shop GL111
First coat: L'elan Vital Red Crackle 92219
Tips: The Face Shop GL111]
The quality of my photos are a little dodgy right now, as I try to find the best spot to photograph my nails in this new location. I do miss my balcony and my billowing white curtain!

There are a number ways to do this manicure. I started with a base coat of GL111, the gold foil, and then went over everything with the red crackle. Then I did the French manicure tips with GL111 by free hand. You could also just tape over your tips when applying the red crackle to achieve the same outcome, I believe.

The only difficulty I faced was that I had to start the gold tips further into the nails than I prefer, because of where the red polish had randomly cracked.

[Base: The Face Shop GL111
First coat: L'elan Vital Red Crackle 92219
Tips: The Face Shop GL111]
These pictures were taken about a week after the manicure was applied, so there is some tip wear seen here.

[Photo taken with an iPhone]
Photos with my iPhone are always that little bit blurrier or grainier, but the positives is that the iPhone camera captures shininess so much better due to the slight blurriness in the photos. :P

I have bought a heap load of new polishes here in Penang, so do hang around for more of that next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment