; Plisherrific: 'Pard Print - China Glaze Gr8, Revlon Brazil Nut Brown, LA Colors Black Velvet

Jan 16, 2012

'Pard Print - China Glaze Gr8, Revlon Brazil Nut Brown, LA Colors Black Velvet


Here's one from last year! Leopard print is really easy to do and looks pretty fancy on - always a plus!

In the past I've done pink print and blue print but I was requested to do a mani for someone at work who loves leopard prints so I worked out something a bit more "natural" using China Glaze Gr8, Revlon Brazil Nut Brown and LA Colors Black Velvet.

[In the bottle: China Glaze Gr8, Revlon Brazil Nut Brown, LA Colors Black Velvet]
For the base colour, I picked China Glaze Gr8 from their amazing holographic OMG! collection (I wish it wasn't sold out pretty much everywhere!). This is a pale yellow linear holo which is muted indoors but really sparkles in the sun. You can spot a bit of the holo in the picture below.

[#1: Base colour (index); #2: Spot your mid colour on (ring, pinky); #3: Rosettes (middle)]
I first put the base colour on, then randomly placed irregular spots of Revlon Brazil Nut Brown (a chocolate brown shimmer) over the gold.

[Completed design: Leopard print]
I then finished off by doing the rosettes in LA Colors Black Velvet. Don't worry if it's irregular or patchy, it looks better that way! Also, don't complete the rosettes, they should border the brown but not ring it. You can also daub little spots of black onto any empty spots as I've done above.

[Completed design: Leopard print]

Tadaaaa~ All done! RAWR! =3




0 comments:

Post a Comment