; Plisherrific: Oil Slick - LA Girl Groupie, Punk, China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, Nfu Oh 40

Jan 12, 2012

Oil Slick - LA Girl Groupie, Punk, China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, Nfu Oh 40

This is what I call a lazy post! What is this, what is this? A duochrome?


[Left to Right: China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, LA Girls Punk, LA Girls Groupie]
Yeah, my post title gives it away right from the start, with all the plishes listed. :)  Subterfuge, not my key strength. Oil Slick seemed appropriate, even though it's not the prettiest of names for an entry.

This is my attempt at faking a duochrome/triochrome. Have you ever bought a nail polish because it changes colours so fascinatingly in the bottle, but it doesn't do anything close to that on your nails? Duochromes aren't always a success. Either that, or they're a great duochrome, but not so good with opaqueness (I'm looking at you Orly).

So here, I striped China Glaze Emerald Sparkle on the left of all my nails, LA Girl Punk (blue with matching microglitter) in the middle, and LA Girl Groupie (purple with microglitter) on the right. One person commented on the duochrome-ness under bright sunlight. :P  It's a bit too dark to be considered a success, but I like the mix of colours.


[Left to Right: China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, LA Girls Punk, LA Girls Groupie, Nfu Oh 40]

After that, I decided to add Nfu Oh 40 over the Emerald Sparkle, and a little extra towards the cuticle. It looks a little spacey here, which I quite like. :)

That's it for this week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment