; Plisherrific: Stripes of Christmas - The Face Shop GL111, China Glaze Emerald Sparkle + Ruby Pumps, Orly Here Comes Trouble

Dec 29, 2011

Stripes of Christmas - The Face Shop GL111, China Glaze Emerald Sparkle + Ruby Pumps, Orly Here Comes Trouble

I might have mentioned elsewhere that Christmas is the time where I can leave good taste at the door. I'm still living up to this statement. It's post-Christmas now, but I did wear this mani during Christmas so I'm determined to post this. :)

The Face Shop GL111
It started out with a new polish swatch. This is The Face Shop's GL111 (from the FACE it collection), which is a Korean brand. It makes me sad that these Korean polishes never come with actual names. In any case, this is a pale gold foil, the same colour as Orly's Luxe, except the 'glitter' is slightly larger in size.

The Face Shop GL111
Isn't this wonderfully shiny and reflective? What you see in the bottle is what you'll get on your nails.

Of course, this is far too demure for the festive mood, which meant I started addng more colours.


The Face Shop GL111, China Glaze Ruby Pumps, China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, Orly Here Comes Trouble
Hahaha, what is this, I don't even know. The red stripe is China Glaze's Ruby Pumps (yes, this is actually Ruby Pumps, unlike last week, when I blogged while half asleep and captioned everything as Ruby Pumps, even though I talked about English Rose in the entry >_<). The green section is Orly Here Comes Trouble, which is different-sized green glitters, layered over China Glaze's Emerald Sparkle. Then I used a round red rhinestone to complete the gaudiness.

The Face Shop GL111, China Glaze Ruby Pumps, China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, Orly Here Comes Trouble
All the nails started out as what you see on my thumbnail. I just got bored of it and added GL111 over it, and then I had to add the green and then well. There you go! How lovely is Here Comes Trouble, by the way? One of my favourite glitters!

The Face Shop GL111, China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, China Glaze Ruby Pumps, Orly Here Comes Trouble
I tried the colours in different order on my right hand. I lack the same control when I paint with my left hand, so any fancy manis on my right hand always look a little shaky, sadly.

The Face Shop GL111, China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, China Glaze Ruby Pumps, Orly Here Comes Trouble
Same as my left, the mani on my right hand originally started as what's on my thumbnail here.

And I like doing this when I have opposing manis on both hands:


When held together like this, they remind me of the stripey hard candies you can buy from The Rocks or various fairs. This looks candylicious! :D

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

3 comments:

  1. I've been missing Christmas nails?? Darn. They look awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas nails are the funnest! \o/

    Huh...I'm not actually sure if I was wearing this same mani when we met last week. It's possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luurrrve this, Jamjam!

    ReplyDelete