; Plisherrific: Fruity Fizz 3: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Scented Polish

Dec 1, 2011

Fruity Fizz 3: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Scented Polish


[Revlon Sweetly Seductive Orange Fizz and Pineapple Fizz]

Here's the continuation of our Revlon Sweetly Seductive Scented swatches, with Orange Fizz and Pineapple Fizz up next!

[In the bottle: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Orange Fizz]
[Bottle close-up: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Orange Fizz]
Orange Fizz looks even more brilliant in person. It's an orange jelly, densely filled with gold and red-gold flakes and microglitters.


[Bottle with swatches: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Orange Fizz]
 The polish when applied on nails are pretty close to what you'll see in the bottle.

 
[Three coats: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Orange Fizz]
Aaahhh, it really is pretty! It's an eye-catching shade, especially with all that shiny flakes and glitters. I didn't use a fast dry topcoat for these mani.


Three coats: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Orange Fizz under direct indoor lights]
The flakes and glitter do make for a very shiny look, especially since they're lighter than the orange base so they stand out more.

With these polishes, scent obviously plays an important part too!

JME: I liked this fruity, cytrusy scent when I was applying the polish on my nails. But the longer I could smell them on my nails, the more I was reminded of this horrible orange-flavoured cough syrup I had to take as a child. So as a personal reason, I felt myself disliking the scent until it faded after a couple days to a bearable, light scent.

EV: This is pretty good! It smells like orange-flavoured Tang! I think it's possibly my second favourite scent of the lot? The citrusy kick stops it from being too candy-sweet.



[In the bottle: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Pineapple Fizz]
[Bottle close-up: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Pineapple Fizz]
Hello, hello, delicious yellow jelly filled with yellow and gold-ish flakes and microglitter! Yellow jelly with flakes? Not something you see everyday!


[Bottle with swatches: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Pineapple Fizz]
What you see in the bottle will be pretty close to what you'll get on your nails. I think the density of the flakes made the polish looked a little more lemon yellow than the colour in the bottle, which I quite like actually.


[Four coats: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Pineapple Fizz]
While the flakes are really dense, the base is definitely still sheer enough that at four coats, the nail tips are visible. But it was what I was expecting, and I don't think it takes away from the pretty that is the polish.

[Four coats: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Pineapple Fizz]
Yellow flakes everywhere! My indoor picture was too washed out so have a bonus random outdoor photo:

[Four coats: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Pineapple Fizz]
I took this picture while sacrificing my dignity, since a couple people stared at me snapping a photo of my own nails. :P  TOTALLY WORTH IT!

I don't know if it's the novelty of having a yellow polish with yellow flakes, but I really like this colour. It's so shiny and cheerful.

What do our olfactory systems tell us about Pineapple Fizz?

JME: It's not the smell of fresh pineapple of course (none of the collection smell like fresh fruits). It's more like the sweet scent of processed pineapple, and it makes me feel a little peckish for some sugary treat. It's rather nice to have on my nails!

EV: This definitely smells like pineapple! I haven't smelt it on my nails, only a paper swatch so I can only give an opinion on that. To me, it's got a bit of that syrupy scent you get from canned pineapples, but the pineapple tang keeps it from being too sweet. Not bad at all!



Overall, I really like Orange Fizz and Pineapple Fizz. I don't know if it's because I don't have that many orange and yellow polishes, but I think they're interesting, cheery colours to have with flakies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment