; Plisherrific: Fruity Fizz 1: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Scented Polish

Nov 28, 2011

Fruity Fizz 1: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Scented Polish


The Revlon Sweetly Seductive collection features 8 fruity-scented polishes all with a jelly base and coordinating glass fleck/flakies. Jme and I between us have all but one of the line-up so we'll be doing reviews of these 7 polishes throughout this week!

[Revlon Sweetly Seductive Scented Nail Polish]
From left to right: Pineapple Fizz, Grapefruit Fizz, Mint Fizz, Orange Fizz, Grape Fizz, Watermelon Fizz. Don't they look delicious!

Missing from this pic is Appletini Fizz (green) which we will be covering, and Colada Fizz (pale blue) which neither of us ended up getting.

The first one I'll be swatching today is Mint Fizz!

[In the bottle: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Mint Fizz]
[Bottle close-up: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Mint Fizz]
This is the most opaque polish of the collection, I believe. Look at the density of the flakies in the bottle! It appears to be an even distribution of blue and silver flakies (yep, that's silver flakies, not just a reflection!) plus a truckload of blue shimmer and microglitter.

[Three coats: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Mint Fizz]
[Three coats: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Mint Fizz]

It's almost opaque at 2 coats but I ended up using three because in certain lights, there's the barest hint of VNL (visible nail line). After three coats, it's an opaque medium blue (more like how it looks in the bottle pics than the swatch pics) with a dense glitter-effect from the blue and silver flakies.  Closeup of the flakies on the nail - click for a larger pic! Very dense and shimmery.

[Swatch closeup: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Mint Fizz]
But how about the scent, you say?? Well, here are our takes on it....

EV: I thought I would like this one the least, but I ended up quite liking it. The scents on these polishes actually linger quite a bit so you can put your hands up near your face and still smell it a few days after application. The mint, being less sweet was less obtrusive compared to the fruity candy scents of the other polishes. But I don't like supersweet smells, so that's just my opinion!

JME: While I was applying Mint Fizz, I thought the toothpaste-y smell was not terribly pleasant on my nails. Although, I probably shouldn't have sniffed the brush. Definitely don't do that! After an hour or so on my nails, the smell became much more bearable, and the fresh minty smell rather grew on me.

Watch out for the other 6 reviews... throughout this week here on Plisherrific!
Brought to you by EV and JME, polish-sniffers extraordinaire...



0 comments:

Post a Comment