; Plisherrific: Fruity Fizz 2: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Scented Polish

Nov 29, 2011

Fruity Fizz 2: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Scented Polish


[Revlon Sweetly Seductive Grape Fizz and Watermelon Fizz]
This is Part 2 of our swatches for the Revlon Sweetly Seductive Scented collection, and it has been yummy so far! 

And let's start with Grape Fizz.

[In the bottle: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Grape Fizz]
[Bottle close-up: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Grape Fizz]
Doesn't that look gorgeous and amazing? Grape Fizz is packed full of purple and blue small flakes with a scattering of dark pink flakes, and purple and blue microglitter. It looks rather dense and very shiny in the bottle.

[Bottle with swatches: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Grape Fizz]
Alas, I had such high hopes for you, Grape Fizz! </3

Oh, I'm kidding. I still really like the colour. But the dark purple with super sparklies in the bottle sets up a false expectation. It will be very difficult to get this polish to be opaque. You can see the difference between Grape Fizz on my nails versus in its bottle.


[Four coats: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Grape Fizz]
This is a terrible swatch because I was trying on my Cutex fast dry top coat...which is a joke. A terrible one. I might put up better photos in the future.

In any case, this is a Grape Fizz, at four coats, and it still has a visible nail line in person. So as long as you expect a purple jelly with flakes and microglitter, I think it's still quite lovely. And Grape Fizz's very jelly nature makes it perfect for gradient polishes, yaaaay!


[Four coats: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Grape Fizz under direct indoor lights]
Ah, still a lovely shiny purple. I could be just a little bit biased. I'm mad for purple polishes. :)

And what about the scent?

JME: It's a sweet scent that reminds me of grape soft drinks. I didn't find it overpowering, and I thought it was quite nice to catch a whiff of it every time my hands were near my face.

EV: I really liked this one initially but after smelling it on my nails for a bit, it just got too sweet for me.


Next up; Watermelon Fizz!

[In the bottle: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Watermelon Fizz]
[Bottle close-up: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Watermelon Fizz]
The name really suits the polish. It does look rather watermelon-like in the bottle when photographed under natural sunlight, with the flakes adding texture to it. In person and under indoor lighting, it is a lot shinier. It looks closer to the following:

[In the bottle: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Watermelon Fizz under direct indoor lights]
This polish is a red jelly with heaps of small red flakies.

[Bottle with swatches: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Watermelon Fizz]
As you can see, the swatches are a pretty close match to the polish in the bottle. Oh, I'm using a Milani fast dry top coat over Watermelon Fizz here, so all is well with the world again.


[Three coats: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Watermelon Fizz]
It's quite close to opaque at three coats, with just a hint of VNL from certain angles. I really like the fiery colour, because it's work safe but the flakes give it that shiny, interesting edge.


[Three coats: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Watermelon Fizz]
The above picture captures the polish a little darker than it really is, but you can see the flakes here.

[Three coats: Revlon Sweetly Seductive Watermelon Fizz under direct indoor lights]
And here, we have the shininess caught under indoor lighting.

If you're reading our Question of the Week, you won't be surprised that Watermelon Fizz's scent is a hit with us!

JME: I loooooove it, more than I expected to for sure. It smells nummylicious, like watermelon candy, and it's a lovely scent to accompany me during manicure time and afterwards too!

EV: So delicious! What can I say.... I really love watermelon and watermelon-flavoured things and this is just like a watermelon lolly! My favourite scent of them all.



In my opinion, I find the scents of these polishes pleasant and they linger days after the first application. The scent fades a little after a few days of course, but it's still distinctively present after three/four days.

I'm really liking these polishes so far!

0 comments:

Post a Comment